Your partner for magnetic solution & high quality magnet

by:Newland     2019-09-16
Daily Mail reporter released: EDT 18: 22 on July 25, 2012 | Update Time: EDT 18: 43 consumer product safety committee on July 25, 2012 (CPSC)
The manufacturer of Buckyballs has filed a lawsuit to stop selling popular magnetic table toys on the grounds of serious safety hazards.
The Commission ordered New York-
Dealers based in Maxfield and Oberton Holdings stop selling high
In a complaint, the CPSC said that the number of injuries to children who ingest these magnets was increasing.
Despite the labels, warnings and (
Max fields and Oberton)
The CPSC said the intake incident continued to rise due to ineffective warnings.
The company says magnets pose a major hazard to the product. ’Buckyballs -
Small round magnet strong enough to form different shapes
Sold as toys and desktop accessories.
According to CPSC, when children swallow them, they can squeeze or capture the intestines and require surgical resection.
Teenagers also accidentally ingest magnetic balls after trying to imitate the piercing of the tongue or nose.
Since its initial launch in 2009, about 200 incidents involving children have been reported.
2011 in January, one month-year-
The complaint says the old boy had a perforated intestine after swallowing three magnets he thought were chocolate candy.
Although the committee issued a safety alert in November, it has received more than a dozen reports since then that children have taken in magnets, many of whom require surgery.
One of the people who needed emergency surgery was Sabrina Lopez, 12, from Vieques, California.
Betty Lopez said she and her daughter were preparing dinner earlier this year, and her daughter told her that a friend took the pirates to school and the girls pretended to have their tongue pierced.
Her mother said that when Sabrina twisted her tongue with the ball in her mouth, she accidentally swallowed the ball.
In an interview with The Associated Press, Betty Lopez said it was terrible.
She\'s probably dead.
The girl was rushed to hospital for treatment.
Ray said she swallowed four magnets.
She had an emergency operation and spent six days in the hospital.
In a more extreme case, threeyear-
Old Payton Bushnell from Oregon took in 37 buc balls that formed a circular chain in the body, ripped three holes in her lower intestine and one hole in her stomach.
The doctor had to do an operation to remove the small magnet, which saved Payton\'s life.
More than 2 million pirate balls and at least 200,000 Pirate cubes have been sold in the United States.
They were made in China, the complaint said.
The CPSC asked desktop toy manufacturers to stop selling, but federal agency spokesman Scott Wolfson said they refused.
\'We are doing this to protect children, \'Mr. Wolfson said.
We want to prevent future surgery.
The committee has succeeded in persuading several retailers, including Amazon, Brookstone and Urban Outfitters, to stop selling magnets.
According to the panel\'s complaint, Maxfield and Oberton must stop the import and distribution of the magnets and refund them as part of the award.
The company must also tell retailers to stop selling toys.
According to USA Today, Buckyballs and Buckycubes are the only products of the company, and their website clearly shows a warning that these products are not toys, they are 13 years old and
Elsewhere on the site, however, these products are called table toys.
Craig Zucker, founder and chief executive of Maxfield and Oberton, said his company is pitching the magnet to adults and teenagers, and CPSC thinks it\'s ridiculous that warnings don\'t work.
He said in an email statement that we will vigorously crack down on the action taken by President Obama\'s carefully selected agencies.
A spokesman for CPSC said,
For 11 years, the agency has filed a complaint against a bbgun manufacturer, the first sales order for the Commission.
Custom message
Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Chat Online inputting...